El Centro, California (NAPSI) - It’s a bright idea to save your skin from the damage that can come from too much sun. Unprotected exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light can put you at risk for skin cancer, which, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is the most common form of cancer in the United States.
Skin Protection Suggestions
To decrease your risk, try these tips the next time you are in the sun:
• Limit your exposure, especially between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Regularly use a water-resistant, broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen with a value of 15 or higher. Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply every hour as needed, particularly after swimming or perspiring.
• Use sunscreen even on cold or cloudy days. Remember, UV rays can reflect off water, cement, sand and snow.
• Your lips need protection, too-use an SPF 15 or higher lip balm.
• Best the pests with an effective insect repellent that offers sun protection.
Fortunately, all that can be easy with the help of new products and beloved favorites:
• Look for a new line of serious sun care inspired by the lifestyle of singer Jimmy Buffett and his sun-seeking fans called Parrot Heads. Margaritaville Parrot Head Advanced Sun Care contains Aloe Hydrating Complex with the highest-quality, highly concentrated aloe vera plant solids. Aloe aids in hydration and helps fight the effects of UV exposure.
• Moms love Ocean Potion, a dry-feel formula fortified with Vitamin D3 that delivers nourishing benefits to the skin.
• NO-AD, which stands for “not advertised,” has been a commonsense choice since 1962. It provides twice the amount of the best possible sun protection for the same price as other national brands and was selected by a major consumer review magazine as a “best buy” four years in a row.
• And to beat the burn and the bite, Bull Frog, originally invented for surfers, offers sun protection and DEET-free insect repellent in a trusted, durable, water-resistant formula perfect for sports and outdoor activities.