Banners 728 Top

Googleleader

BannersTop

Royce Freeman voted the best in San Diego Section

(Royce Freemen, Outstanding Player of the Year)…The Imperial Tiger was awarded his trophy Tuesday night.

Freeman became the first Imperial Valley Player ever to receive the Silver Pig Skin Award for Outstanding Player of the Year in the San Diego CIF Section. The presentation was made at the Annual Silver Pig Skin Gala at the San Diego Hall of Champions. It was broadcast on KUSI T.V. in San Diego. 300 ballots were sent out to Section Coaches, media PPR staffers, former winners and select VIP’s. 209 ballots were returned. Those ballots accounted for 90% of the total count. The other 10% of the count were the results of a Face book poll. 1,800 participated in that poll. The Imperial Running Back received 38% of the total count, over double of what was received by the second highest vote getter. Among his achievements, Freeman broke the all time rushing record for the San Diego Section. The senior has committed to play for PAC 12 powerhouse Oregon next year.