Banners 728 Top

Googleleader

BannersTop

Tips To Make Guilt-Free Meals In Minutes

El Centro, California (NAPSI) - According to a recent survey, 40 percent of Americans spend  30 to 60 minutes cooking dinner, yet nearly 80 percent would like to spend 30  minutes or less.

The weeks leading up to summer can give us the motivational  push to make positive lifestyle changes, but busy schedules can make eating  right a challenge.

From cookouts to lengthy vacations, summer is filled with on-the-go  activities and tempting food choices. Just because you have a full social  calendar doesn’t mean your diet should suffer—there are  surprisingly easy ways to maintain healthful eating habits.

Turning out guilt-free and delicious meals can be done in 30 minutes or  less. Choosing 98 percent fat-free, pre-cooked meats and prepared vegetables  allows you to treat yourself to mouth-watering dishes in minutes. These  simple tips from Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien, a New York Times best-selling author and  star of “Hungry Girl” on Food Network and Cooking Channel, will  have you on the way to eating smarter in no time:

• Keep easy-to-use ingredients on hand to make guilt-free meals in  minutes. Think steam-in-the-bag veggies, high-fiber tortillas and prewashed  salad mixes.

• Make sure you’re getting enough protein and fiber. These  nutrients help you feel full longer. Find them in ingredients like fat-free  egg substitute and bagged broccoli coleslaw.

• Take salads up a notch with flavor-packed add-ins like roasted red  peppers, fresh basil, and sun-dried tomatoes. Easy and delicious!

• Embrace the 80/20 rule. If you’re smart about what you eat  80 percent of the time, you can loosen the reins the other 20 percent.

• An easy meal to whip up is pasta, but topping it with nothing but  sauce can lead to excessive carb consumption. Make  a single serving of whole-wheat noodles go far by tossing it with some Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken and  lots of veggies.

There are eight different varieties of pre-cooked chicken and beef options  found in the grocer’s freezer and refrigerated sections, so you can  create delicious and smart meals in minutes. Lillien  suggests you try them in recipes like:

Grilled Fuji-n-Chick ‘Wich Prep Time: 5 min   Cook Time: 10 min   Total Time: 15 min

Ingredients:

½ cup peeled and thinly  sliced Fuji  apple

¼ cup thinly sliced onion

2 dashes ground sage

2 dashes garlic powder

3 ounces Tyson Grilled & Ready Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken  Breast Strips

2 slices light bread

1 wedge light spreadable Swiss  cheese

1 teaspoon light whipped butter or  light buttery spread

Cooking Instructions:

1. Bring skillet sprayed with  nonstick spray to medium heat. Add apple, onion, sage, and garlic powder.  Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.

2. Prepare Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips according to package  directions. Set aside, keep warm.

3. Lay bread slices flat and evenly  spread with cheese.

4. Evenly top one slice with  Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips and apple-onion mixture.

5. Place the other bread slice on  top with the cheese-covered side down. Press gently to seal.

6. Clean skillet, if needed. Remove  skillet from heat, respray, and return to medium  heat.

7. Spread ½ teaspoon of butter  on the upward-facing bread slice. Place sandwich in the skillet with the  buttered side down. Spread the remaining ½ teaspoon of butter on the  upward-facing bread slice.

8. Cook until hot and toasty, 1−2  minutes per side, flipping gently.

Nutrition Facts: Calories 282, Total  Fat 6g, Protein 29g, Carbohydrate 30g, Sodium 907 mg, Sugars 10g, Fiber 6g.  Serves: 1

For more recipes, visit www.GrilledAndReady.com  and www.Facebook.com/GrilledAndReady.